House fire

The residence of Dave and Rose Marie Shire at County Road 20.2, behind Walmart, sustained severe smoke and heat damage on Tuesday, Oct. 1. The cause of the blaze is thought to be caused by electrical issues from inside the property.

Fisher’s Peak Fire Protection District was called out to a house fire at 9:25 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 1 on County Road 20.2 behind Walmart. The home, belonging to Dave and Rose Marie Shier, sustained severe smoke and heat damage.

Fire Chief Buddie Curro stated that after investigation, it seems to have been an electrical fire that started in a room off of the master bedroom. While the residents were unharmed in the incident, the family’s cat did not make it out. Several attempts by fire rescue personnel failed to revive the family’s pet.

The home was turned back over to residents around 12 p.m. and is currently uninhabitable until damages can be repaired. There is no estimate as to the total amount of the damage.

The Trinidad Fire Department assisted with the response.

Load comments